Manager, Project Development
Our client, with headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and an office in MA is uniquely positioned to leverage global technology and financial partnerships to help modernize America’s power generation. We are driven to improve our energy infrastructure by developing and operating power generation facilities using cutting edge, domestically available natural gas and renewable power technology. Our client is owned by a privately held electric company in Israel.
Our client is looking for a Director, Project Development to join its Renewable Development Department, located in the MA office. The successful candidate will play an active role in the project management, execution, and development of prospective greenfield generation projects. Candidate must be self-motivated and be willing to take initiative to complete project elements on time and on budget and have an understanding of the development of large utility or energy projects. Knowledge of US power markets, knowledge of ISOs and their operating rules, familiarity with state RPS and other incentives driving renewable energy development is required. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Renewable Energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Position will be responsible for the selection, permitting and execution of US projects according to company’s investment and development objectives. General responsibilities will include:
o Participate in the planning, develop and execution of the development program for identified projects
o Participate in the negotiation of necessary development agreements
o Manage the permitting process, anticipate and resolve other project development activities as required
o Develop local community support for the project
o Manage relationships and develop commercial agreements with potential project
o Work closely with external consultants and internal departments including engineering, finance, energy management/origination, external affairs, legal and asset management
o Update Management on project progress, action items and budget
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant energy project development experience
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in engineering or business, MBA
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and able to work well with personnel at all levels in the organization; must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills
- Strong financial skills and understanding of company and project profit and loss, pro forma modeling, and NPV/IRR analysis
- Possess a strong understanding of real estate matters and complexities
- Ability to gather, organize and systematically analyze complex information
- Effective problem-solving skills: ability to work from concept to analytics, identify alternatives and develop unique solutions
- Excellent writing, communications, presentation, interpersonal, problem-solving, financial analysis, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel 30-50% as necessary
- Must pass a pre-employment background and financial credit check Our client offers a hybrid work arrangement allowing employees to work remotely up to two (2-3) days per week, subject to in-office obligations. Required collaboration days in the office are Tuesday and Wednesday, plus potentially one additional day (either Monday, Thursday, or Friday). Our client holds all employees to the highest ethical standards and is committed to conducting business with integrity, transparency and honesty to ensure our success. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.